But I thought it would be a good opportunity to try this intriguing little recipe I found on foodbuzz.com: Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies. The idea is to replace the butter in a normal cookie recipe with mashed up avocado. Interesting, right? And all of the comments seemed so positive!
I was so excited that I took lots of pictures of my beautiful avocado green batter:
I folded in my chocolate chips, dropped the batter onto cookie sheets and waited. And waited. And waited.
The cookies just wouldn't bake! The continued to be raw and mushy in the middle. So the next batch, I decided to make use of my pizza stone instead. Put two more minutes on the timer than I did the first time around--hoping to avoid all of the in and out that was going on with the first batch after the timer went off. And they burned! They were so hard, Bill and I struggled to scrape them off the stone!
At any rate, I haven't had such a failure in the kitchen in a long time. And it was very discouraging. We couldn't eat any of them! I guess I'll just have to stick with milk and Oreos.
No comments:
Post a Comment