Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Texas Gardening

A lot of books have been written on Texas Gardening. And I knew this going in. I had the feeling it wasn't going to be easy.

About a month(?) ago, we decided on some vegetables we'd like to try to grow in our big ol' backyard. We reminded ourselves to start small and simple.

This is what we started out with:

2 tomato plants
2 bell pepper plants
4 zucchini plants


Nice and easy, right?

This is what we've got, about a month later:

The dog ate ALL of the zucchini plants
The bell peppers turned out to be Serrano peppers
and the tomatoes...well, we're trying to turn them back to green from yellow with a drip hose and perhaps a little shade.


We didn't forget to water them, I promise!

It's been in the 90s for the past few weeks. So. I guess Summer's pretty much here.

No comments: