Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cook-off time!

Bill's office had a chili cookoff last week. Of course, Bill needed to make an entry. And since so much of his office is on a health kick right now, he thought he'd try a turkey-based chili. Found one on Allrecipes.com. Aaaand his not-so-healthy stuffed habanero peppers (the ones wrapped in bacon? yep, those ones.)

Bill is magic in the kitchen. I made him say "Bam!" for this picture.

Imagine how excited I was to hear that there would be another cookoff at church! A chili AND COBBLER cookoff! So, Bill was able to cook up another big pot of turkey chili and I spent all week trying to decide on a cobbler recipe to try out.

But I suppose the best part of a cook-off is tasting all of the entries. Yum! We had so much fun. We didn't win any prizes (but I blame that on the fact that we got there a little late so a lot of people didn't taste our entries before voting. but whatever.)


No comments: