This year, I was really struggling to remember what we did last year for Valentine's Day. What kind of protocol had we set for one another? I'm pretty sure we bought each other cards. But just to make sure we were on the same page, I told Bill, "I've spent most of my life not celebrating Valentine's Day, so it's really not a big deal for me. I won't be upset if we don't do anything fancy."
And of course he responded, "But. I've spent most of my life not celebrating Valentine's Day, too. This is my chance!"
So he surprised me with reservations for an elegant dinner downtown. Sorry I was so excited that I forgot to take pictures. But it was awesome. We even had dessert! (And I don't even mean a slice of dessert pizza. I mean Fancy!)
I love my husband so much! We're still Honeymooners, for sure. Here are a few mushy factoids about us:
1. We hold hands everywhere; in the car, at the gym, the temple, Home Depot, Petsmart..
2. At restaurants, we insist on sitting side by side.
3. We still send I Love You text messages to each other every day on our lunch breaks.
4. Sometimes on Sundays, Bill will check out what I'm wearing so he can coordinate his tie.
5. Sometimes on my lunch breaks, I'll click through pictures of Bill on Facebook, even though I've seen them all before.
I used to make fun of this stuff. I was on my way to becoming a bitter old maid. I started to doubt that love was ever going to happen to me. And then cheesy, romantic, persistant Bill came along and melted my cold, cold heart. Now Bill's turned me into a total romantic cheeseball and I just love that we are both so in love.

No comments:
Post a Comment