Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Lo stendardo della verita' e' stato eretto.."

Recently, there has been quite a lot of good news regarding the area where I served a mission some years ago. Thanks to Facebook, I was able to tabs on it (and steal some pictures).

#1 You all know, the church announced some time ago that they'd be building a temple in Rome. Awesome!

#2 I caught these pictures on Facebook, posted by the old branch president. They're building a chapel in this city. It will be ready for them to use next fall!


#3 They just organized the very first Sicily Stake, comprising the whole island. So they're not just branches anymore, they're official wards! This is a picture of my mission president, and two other mission presidents that served before him, at the meeting where they made it official. (He's the very tan bald guy.)

I just think it's so interesting, that 3 of the major goals that we were working towards while I was there are now finally being realized. 6 years later. But it makes me feel like, maybe we did accomplish some good after all! And if these things are finally happening, maybe other good things have been happening too that I don't know about.

And I am so stoked to be there with Bill in September!

2 comments:

David and Amy said...

That is so exciting, thanks for sharing Mal! Your trip with Bill is going to be fantastic!

Brad & Darcy Ellis said...

Wait...which city are they building a chapel in? It looked like Messina but I couldn't tell. Way to awesome either way!