Sunday, February 10, 2008

sunday is food day.

In our little Lewisville singles branch we have a lot of activities. Monday is FHE. Tuesday is institute. Every other Wednesday is Temple night. Every other Friday is a regional YSA dance--should anyone choose to go.

And every second Sunday, we have a Potluck after church. There's always a theme. Mexican, Italian, Favorite Foods, etc. and today it was Healthy food. Mmmm.

We have Potluck at our Branch President's house just a few blocks from the church. And he and his wife always, always have ham for us. They just change the name. It's sort of become a running joke for us. Italian Ham, Mexican Ham..and today it was Healthy Ham.

Angie always brings fruit salad. And I usually bring something that I learned to make on my mission. This week, it was stuffed tomatoes. I love stuffed tomatoes. They taste so good, and they LOOK so good, too!

They're stuffed with rice and mozzarella cheese. I just cook the rice with the tomato innards, some salt, a little chicken boullion, and a bay leaf. Then when the tomatoes are all stuffed, you put them under the broiler until their skin starts to get all pealy and puckered. So good!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay Mal-io! I'm excited because I also make little effort to keep up with blog-less people. We need to connect blogger and facebook somehow (Brittany's boyfriend is currently working on such an invention). I am so happy to be able to keep up with you a little better! AND, you look gorgeous. And I love your apartment, and your life sounds pretty fun. Wish I could be there for the chicken nuggets . . . :)

E n D said...

MAL! I'm so glad you are blogging (I act like I've been doing it forever). I agree with Jenn, your life sounds fun! I was wondering what you've been up to. We used to email, but I think you forgot about me! I'll have to try those stuffed tomatoes sometime, they look yummy!

David and Amy said...

MAL! Yay! I have to join Emily and Jenn in welcoming you to the blog-world! It is SO GOOD to see you and how great you are doing. You look so wonderful (I love the bangs, they really bring out your eyes!), your apartment is cute, and it sounds like you are the center of the social scene! Ah, Mal, you are the best!

Sierra said...

Mal, that looks fabulous!! YUM, you know how much I love food. You're right about Nick being good lookin'. I won't tell Kyly about what you said ;)