Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy 10 Months, Baby

Ten months, and this kid is just the sweetest, funniest, cuddliest, awesomest kid in the world. He is really so much fun. He cracks me up all the time. 



He keeps making this face where he sucks his lips in that makes us wonder if maybe he's teething. He does a lot that makes us wonder if he's teething. It really doesn't take much, though. Ten months and still no sign of teeth--of course we wonder when those teeth are going to show up!

 

But he's been doing pretty well without any teeth. We haven't come across anything that he couldn't manage to eat. Cheerios, bread, pasta, pizza, bananas, soup, sweet potatoes, cheese. He always wants some of whatever we're eating. He can't do much with apples, but he will suck on an apple half for as long as I'll let him.

And he loves to walk around holding onto our hands. It is absolutely his favorite pastime. His favorite destinations are the stand alone mirror in our bedroom (he likes to look behind it) and the air return vents for the a/c in the hallway (he likes to brush his hand along them like a harp). 


But he loves outings too, and so do Mommy and Daddy. We bought Enzo his first pair of real shoes so that I can feel more comfortable when he wants to walk around in public places. He likes them! And Enzo loves to be outside. The weather has been so nice lately that it's easy to oblige him. We go for a stroller ride around the neighborhood. If it's too dark or cold or hot outside, we like to stroll around the mall and look at all the people. Sometimes Enzo and Grandma will hang out on a blanket on the front lawn and just watch whatever goes by.

I kept thinking last week that maybe by the time I wrote this blog I'd have a video for you of his first steps. We're not quite there yet. But he's SO CLOSE! In the meantime, we've got two other super new skills to add to Enzo's list of accomplishments:

Clapping


Waving


This waving video cracks me up. Waving is his newest skill and one we're still working on. Watching this, I'm not 100% sure that Enzo understands it is supposed to be a greeting, and not a way to say "I'm busy doing something else right now, do you mind?"

I have to give props to my mom for helping Enzo with these and taking the videos.

We are having so much fun with our little guy. He's going to be a toddler pretty soon--not a baby anymore! And while he already does so many things like a toddler, when he's still enough to let me hold him or rock him to sleep, he's my little baby boy. (I think he always will be.)




1 comment:

Jenni said...

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures! HE IS SO HANDSOME! I especially love the one inside the wagon. So darn cute! Love that Enzo!