Too bad Dawn got a call from me on Monday morning when my water broke!
And Bill had already left to go to the gym before work.
And I was in the shower.
I hadn't noticed any contractions yet, so when Bill and Dawn both got to our house around 8am, we started trying to time them as they got stronger. They were already less than 10 minutes apart, but not very strong--although they were gaining intensity.
Pretty soon, contractions were 5 minutes apart and we checked into the hospital around noon.
The nurse said I was dilated to 4 cm. Next time they checked, I was at 7 cm. And an hour later, I was at 9cm.
After a few hours of really painful contractions, I was ready to get this baby out of me. My doctor said she had to run from her office back up to our delivery room in order to get there in time. I remember hearing her at the time say to the nurses, "Let me catch my breath!" Pushing was awful, but lasted less than 10 minutes.
Our little Lorenzo Robert was born at 3:22 pm.
7 lbs. 1 oz., 20 in.
Just perfect.
Our families were both there and excited to meet the little guy.
And we got to have him home in time for Christmas!






2 comments:
Amber he is absolutely precious!!! I love the pictures and please keep them coming. You are awesome, going all natural. THere's NO WAY I"ll be even attempting that. So you go girl!
WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment