At this moment, my parents are on a cruise. With my sister and her boyfriend. A cruise we declined to join in on because we might need the money for a downpayment on a house.
Bill and I have 3 offers under our belt, 3 rejections and no house. Our realtor remains optimistic. We're feeling a little less so. Maybe we should go back to apartment hunting. At any rate, this apartment has too many leaks, cracks and loose floorboards so we feel certain that we won't stay here another year.
Allergies are driving me crazy. And by crazy I mean, the hypochondriac in me is having difficulties not reading more into my sore throat and itchy eyes. Last week I insisted that we go out and buy a digital thermometer so that I could be sure I wasn't running a fever at any given moment. We ended up going to three different drug stores to find an acceptable model. And NO Bill, we could not possibly have dinner first!
A recent visit to the dentist revealed that the crown on my root canal is chipped. How did this happen? I did not know that anything had happened to it. It was a total surprise to me. The dental hygenist seemed skeptical of my response. But asked if I ever clenched my teeth. Probably. Actually, I'm pretty sure that I spent most of the winter clenching my teeth. It's also my initial reaction when someone steps into my office. Then she asked if I grind my teeth at night. How am I supposed to know that? So she told me to try not to do either and they'd probably have to replace the crown.
Here's the thing. I'd rather they just pull the tooth out and be done with it. But apparently, this is a huge insult to dentists. I think that putting mercury in my mouth is an insult, dentists. So, I guess we're in a stalemate.
2 comments:
Hahaha. I love you. I feel like my life is like this right now. And I know it's not helpful or inspiring, but it's nice to know that when it rains it pours for everyone, not just me. Good news though, the rain will eventually subside. At least that's what I keep telling myself...
If you grind your teeth, you should get a mouth guard. Not the cheap ones at the store. They have to actually make a mold of your upper teeth at the dentist. I had to get one because I had worn away most of the enamel by grinding. The mouth guard isn't pretty but it also keeps my headaches down too. You might ask your dentist about that. It is expensive though.
Post a Comment