Yesterday I made my presentation about indexing to the combined Relief Society and Priesthood Quorums. (Which turned out to not be very many people because it's Memorial Day weekend and everyone's out of town, it seems.) But what an appropriate time of year to discuss this great undertaking of indexing historical records.
I have a small correction to my earlier post, On Digitizing Everything. I mentioned that if you have an lds account, you can hel index on FamilySearch.com. But I was wrong, you don't need an lds account. Anyone can register to help index. Although, unlike the NY Public Library menu project, you do have to register for an account to get started with the indexing. But it's just basic information like your name and email.
So, i you are interested at all in these projects, I strongly encourage you to get involved!
Family Search Indexing project
NY Public Library menu project
No comments:
Post a Comment