We returned home to an apartment still disheveled from our closet incident. But on Friday, we finally got the apartment maintenance to replace the carpet they tore up, allowing us to move things back into the closet. So between sessions, we went through those boxes we've had hanging around since the wedding and made some decisions on what we really needed. It felt very cleansing. (At least for me--Bill was the one doing most of the lugging around, so he might feel differently!)
We also returned to very Fall-ish temperatures. After months spent above 80, it was a bit of a shock to find Texas weather so mild and...a bit chilly! What! I have to admit, I am so excited for the Holiday season to start. Which usually doesn't hit me until much closer to Halloween. But this weather has got me making out Christmas lists and stocking up on oatmeal and soup. And I am so stoked for the Halloween parties to start!
During our trip, we meticulously recorded expenses and collected our receipts. I finished totalling it all up last night and am so proud to say that we did a pretty good job with our budget. (Gifts put us over a bit, but I'm writing those off as Christmas presents. Does everyone feel good about that? Okay.) And we've outlined a new savings plan for THE NEXT STEP. We're not sure what that is yet. But when it becomes more clear, we want to be ready.
I've never been a big fan of Fall before: having to wear socks every day, and waiting for the car to warm up, and runny noses, and chapped skin. I still hate all of those things. But right now, I can see it as a symbol of transition and change--which is kind of exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment