Sunday, September 5, 2010

Water in the Closet?

Friday morning as Bill and I were getting ready for work, I noticed that some of my dresses that were hanging in the closet were wet. So was the carpet, and so were the boxes on the shelf above them.




Soaking wet. See that panel above the boxes?? Above that panel is our A/C unit. Apparently, there's some condensation that is involved with air conditioning, and that condensation is supposed to drain through a pipe, meet up with our bathtub drain, and exit the building. But it didn't. It got blocked up and rather than meeting up with our bathtub drain, it just pooled on that panel you see there. By the time maintenance came to look at it, and removed the panel, about a gallon of water came pouring out and I had to run to get a bucket. It drained into that bucket for at least 5 minutes. That's what was LEFT OVER from what spilled out onto our clothes already.

And before he could remove the panel, we had to clear out the closet. He ripped up the carpet that had gotten wet and said they'd replace it next week. In the meantime, what was stacked on that section of carpet is now stacked in our bathroom and I spent ALL DAY yesterday doing laundry.

But as everyone was quick to point out to us, at least it didn't happen while we were on vacation--what a disaster that would have been to come home to!!

No comments: