Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dog vs Chocolate (and everything else)

So, after the firewood-eating incident, we've now come home twice to find that Skye had found and totally annihilated unopened and up-on-the-counter-we-thought-she-couldnt-reach packages of chocolate.

The first one was the tin--TIN!--heart shaped box of chocolates from my dad. Dove raspberry dark chocolate truffles. Still sealed up in cellophane.

The second was a bag of Assorted Lindor Truffles--with the extra creamy centers--that I had bought as a prize for the Baby Shower last week and ended up not needing. Still in the grocery bag on the counter.

We decided that she must have climbed up on the kitchen table to get to the counter, because things had been knocked off of it.

In between this, she ate a bag of almonds that I had bought for a salad. Of which there was no trace left whatsoever, and we only discovered that they were missing after Bill took her out and noticed some extra-chunky business.

Now, seriously, is this normal behavior for a 13 year old dog?? Also, I thought chocolate was bad for dogs, but she doesn't seem affected at all.

But I guess the dog that has fake firewood, bag of egg noodles, several packages of cornbread mix, protein shake mix, tomato paste, an entire jar of salsa (jar included), and the remote control to my DVD player on her "Ate It" list, has nothing to fear from chocolate.

No comments: