Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The gods must be crazy

The dating scene was getting way too crowded for my tastes, so I ran away.

I spent the weekend in Lampasas, TX, visiting Mary. I drove down there all by myself. It was a 3+ hour drive--the longest I've ever been in a car alone. So I was pretty excited about that. And it was lovely to see Mary again.

It was lovely to go hiking and spend some time in the middle of nowhere with trees and rocks and river water.

And Sunday night, when I got back to Lewisville, it was lovely to see my amazing, amazing girls again at the church potluck. My roommate, my friends. Seriously, I love these girls so much. And it is so sad to me that there just doesn't seem to be any guys anywhere near the same caliber of awesome.

Its sad to me that my amazing, amazing friends and I will lower and lower our expectations and still get the shaft from guys so unworthy of us. Actually, it makes me really mad sometimes. If it was just me, that would be one thing, but I am talking about girls even more deserving than me of the most tender and righteous desire of their hearts. Seriously, what's up with that?

2 comments:

Little D Librarian said...

*sigh* it's true...sorry I couldn't come to Austin with you...I'm still in Lubbock checking out the school and hanging out with the boys...

Brian said...

You went to Lampassas? I've been there twice...it's one crazy town. Sometime I really need to introduce you to my brother, who spent 6 months there as a missionary...