Friday, March 14, 2008

amendment

You know those warning labels on plastic bags that say "danger of suffocation" and you think to yourself, what kind of idiot merited this warning?

I didnt take my own advice last night. I didn't leave work until 10:30. And then I stayed up talking to Jen and Andrea. Jen had come over to return a dvd and borrow another one. And to talk. And I wanted to write a blog, a big scathing rant about what an idiot her boyfriend is or was or whatever.

But anyway, now it's morning and Ive deleted it. And I apologize to all of the guys who didn't deserve what I wrote yesterday. I apologize to Adam Cluff. We made a fan club for him on facebook because of this exactly. Because he is not the kind of guy that makes me feel all creepy-crawly. Maybe those guys are really in the minority, and it's just from repetition that I sometimes think they're everywhere.

So I have a little feminist streak. So I get all up in arms when I feel like one of my sisters has been treated badly. So I know a lot of really rad girls and I'm proud to be one of them. And I don't want to be cynical or bitter towards guys. But I'm just not sure how to get rid of that warning label after I've seen so many boys stick the metaphorical plastic bag over their stupid heads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love you. And your feminism. Burn your bras, ladies. Amber is on a manhunt!

Toni said...

I love your passion!! Maybe you could rub some of it off on me?? I feel I'm just blah these days and not passionate enough about anything!